The Public Domain: How to Find & Use Copyright-Free Writings, Music, Art & More
NOLO, 2014 M05 20 - 464 pages
Need content? Find public domain works free for the taking!
Even though you've always been told otherwise, writers and artists can copy other people’s work and get away with it. Enter the world of the public domain, where everything is free for the taking, and the only secret to unlocking this treasure trove is knowing how to recognize free content and where to find it.
With The Public Domain, you'll get specific information about finding copyright-free writings, music, art, photography, software, maps, databases, videos, and more. Find out about:
- how to find public domain materials
- how to handle challenges to public domain claims
- public domain ""gray areas""
- copyright protections and expirations
- use of public domain art or film for advertising or other commercial purposes
- web content in the public domain
- how to research copyright office records
- how to get permission to use work not in the public domain
This edition of The Public Domain is completely updated with new case law, and new developments in the world of international copyright. The book also provides hundreds of resources to help you find public domain works.
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.